Would You Rather:
- pay off your debt or go on a vacation
- worry about money or worry about happiness
- buy now and pay off over 5 years or save for a year and buy cash
Getting Excited About Finances:
- What “finances” mean?
- Definition – the management of money
- Spending and saving
- What are some basics of finance?
- Don’t spend more than you earn
- 50/30/20 rule
- 50% goes to bills – rent, water, electric, phone, etc.
- 30% goes to wants – a sweater, a concert, your daily coffee, etc.
- 20% goes to future goals – a house, schooling, a corgi, etc.
- Don’t let your future-self take care of your current-self
- Have an emergency fund
- Why should I be excited about finances?
- If you don’t have them under control, it’s going to be a constant weight on your mind.
- “You’re going to feel so much better about your life and your situation, but not only that it’s going to help you move forward and achieve your goals.”
Intro music: Happy Whistle by Scott Holmes
Outro music: Romantic Folk Loop by Twisterium
Would you rather intro music:
“Happy Happy Game Show” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License